keyboard_backspaceBack to main blog page

R. David Bulen Insurance Blog

R. David Bulen Insurance Agency Paying too much for your Insurance? Not sure? Call us to compare. It’s fast, easy and best of all there is no cost to you! Experienced and licensed staff working for you to provide the best company, coverage and price available. You will always have a service team assigned to you. At each renewal we will quote your current policy to make sure you are still receiving the best coverage and price. Multiple policy discounts available. R. David Bulen Insurance is a professional team of caring individuals committed to providing superior products and service to our valued growing customer base. Are You A Business Owner looking for Competitive Insurance? Whether you’re looking for workers compensation insurance, commercial auto coverage, general liability or professional liability for your business, R. David Bulen Insurance is committed to finding you affordable and comprehensive insurance coverage, never compromising on protection or quality. You’re never just a number to us – and when you need your insurance coverage to respond, it’s like having family in the business. Looking For Personal Insurance? We have strong relationships with the most competitive carriers you’ll find anywhere. These strong relationships help us get you the valuable protection you need, and the fast – responsive claims handling service you expect when you need us most.

What's the best way to cover your business equipment?

Lisa Mosby Lisa Mosby , 4/8/2015
1 Verified Reviews - 1 of 5.0
Business equipment covers a variety of assets. Word processing, production machinery, air conditioners, boilers, even bulldozers and excavators describe business equipment. So let's answer this question by going through the different property policies.
  • Contents policy. This coverage, generally found in the property section of your package policy (general liability and property combined), protects you from losses due to covered perils (fire, lightning, smoke, hail, windstorms, civil commotion, and others). Generally, office equipment, laboratory equipment, production equipment or any other device or machinery that stays on location is best covered under contents. The policy is designed for exactly this purpose.
  • Inland Marine. This policy form covers the property value of equipment that moves. For example, construction equipment like backhoes or bulldozers travel to and remain on jobsites. Contents policies limit the value of some types of property off premises; inland marine allows transportation and off-premises usage.
  • Boiler and Machinery. This property coverage has elements of liability as well. Basically, boiler and machinery policies provide an inspection service for equipment to assure it is in good working order. Then, if a boiler breaks down or explodes, the policy covers damage caused to others and mechanical breakage of the boiler.
  • Cargo. This policy covers your property while in transit. For example, if your shipping machinery across the country or an ocean. Contents policies have exclusions and low limits on in-transit goods. The policy does not anticipate this type of risk. Cargo policies do, and they are designed around freight carrier responsibilities in the event of a loss.
Property coverage seems like it's simple, but many subtle clauses create niche coverage issues. Call us today!