Travel Insurance

Travel can get expensive when you're far from home and the unexpected occurs: Sickness or injury, travel delays, baggage loss, or worse.

You can choose from a wide variety of Travel Insurance Plans:

Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) - Pays a lump sum when an accident results in death or the loss of a body part. Don't confuse this coverage with Flight Accident Insurance, which pays only when an airplane accident leads to death or dismemberment.

Trip Protection - Pays non-reimbursed travel expenses if an emergency (death, sickness, airline strike, travel company bankruptcy, etc.) occurs just before or during your trip, causing it to be canceled, interrupted, or delayed.

International Medical Insurance - Reimburses you for medical expenses up to $1 million incurred when traveling or living abroad for two weeks to two years. Coverage might include emergency evacuation, reunion, and repatriation benefits, as well as AD&D and travel assistance.

Annual Medical Insurance
- Provides annually renewable International Medical Insurance with higher maximum policy coverage levels (up to $5 million) and more comprehensive types of coverage.

Emergency Medical Evacuation - Covers the cost of transporting a seriously injured or ill person to an adequate medical facility, a hospital near home, or the hospital of their choice. This coverage is usually included with both International Medical Insurance and Travel Protection plans, but is also sold separately

Student Travel - Students studying or traveling abroad should make sure they know what insurance coverage their school or study abroad program provides, if any.

Group Travel Insurance - Might be available when at least five travelers (usually 10 or more) on the same itinerary apply for coverage on one application.

Travel Supplier Bankruptcy/Default Plans - Usually covers lost travel expenses due to travel supplier bankruptcy and default (cessation) of services. However, there are substantial differences among plans.
get a free no-obligation Quote now!


"Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time." - Steven Wright

"Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings." - Hodding Carter


Transportation Security Administration
National Weather Service


Q: How can I prove I didn’t buy my watch/camera during my trip outside the United States?
Foreign-made personal articles taken abroad are subject to duty each time they are brought back into the United States unless you have acceptable proof of prior possession. Documents that fully describe the article, such as a bill of sale, insurance policy, jeweler's appraisal, or receipt for purchase, might be considered reasonable proof of prior possession.

Items such as watches, cameras, compact disc players, or other articles which might be readily identified by a permanently affixed serial number or marking, may be taken to the Customs and Border Protection office nearest you and registered before your departure. The Certificate of Registration that you will be given will expedite the free entry of these items when you return. Keep the certificate. It is valid as long as you own the article.

Q: What type of shoes should I wear when traveling to avoid setting off airport security screening alarms?
Although passengers are not required to remove their shoes before entering the walk-through metal detector, screeners may encourage you to do so as many types of footwear will require additional screening, even if the metal detector does not sound an alarm.

Footwear types that are likely to require additional screening include:
  • Boots
  • Platform shoes (including platform flip-flops)
  • Footwear with a thick sole or heel (including athletic shoes)
  • Shoes containing metal (including many dress shoes)
Screeners are less likely to suggest you remove “beach” flip-flops or thin-soled sandals (without metal). As a rule, try to wear shoes that are easily removed. It will help speed you through the screening process.

Q: When I returned to the United States from traveling abroad, the customs agent at the airport confiscated my food. Why was this?
Customs and Border Protections Officers are often called upon to enforce laws and requirements of other government agencies, including agricultural ones. This is done to protect community health and preserve domestic plant and animal life. Many fruits and vegetables are either prohibited from entering the states or require an import permit. Every fruit or vegetable must be declared to the customs officer and must be presented for inspection, no matter how free of pests it appears to be. Failure to declare all food products can result in civil penalties.

Meats, livestock, poultry, and their by-products are either prohibited or restricted from entering the U.S., depending on the diseases present in the country of origin. Fresh meat is generally prohibited. Canned, cured, or dried meat is severely restricted from most countries. Bakery items and all cured cheeses are generally admissible. You should contact the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Animal Plant Health Inspection Services for more detailed information.